Implementing "lean" logics at a company in order to eliminate waste requires the complete involvement, since the very beginning, of all company functions, which are asked to analyze and review the production process as a whole according to five phases:
- Identifying the value from the final customer’s standpoint;
- Designing end-to-end processes that produce value for the customer (value stream), eliminating all waste and inefficiencies;
- Creating a constant flow of activities by organizing interfaces between one phase and the next;
- Let the customers be the one to pull the process along;
- Pursuing perfection through constant improvement.
In the design area, for example, the product is develloped by taking into account problems associated with its production (i.e. DFX) thus avoiding its redesign, in other words avoiding waste caused by not having been able to "do it right the first time"
. In the logistics area, just-in-time
deliveries are scheduled; in the quality area, defects and problems are analyzed and eliminated according to the TQM logics developed by W. Edwards Deming.
In this view, in July of 2010 Tecnomatic started a conversion project that introduces lean manufacturing logics and methodologies
in the different company departmenets, gradually leading to the definition of the TPS, Tecnomatic Production System, a new way of managing the company aimed at reducing response time towards customers, increasing productivity and improving the level of quality